- "They told me I’d died. They were wrong. I was reborn."
Alexsandr Senaviev was born on November 3rd in Leningrad, Russia to a military family. At the age of eighteen, Senaviev was conscripted into military service just as the Soviet Union was ending its operations in Afghanistan. Upon the dissolution of his draft, Senaviev opted to enlist full time. He was part of the wrestling league, where his formidable frame and match strategy earned him accolades. Along with heavy artillery, Senaviev's training focused on defensive and breaching tactics, and while there he apprenticed as a precision tool and die machinist in the weapons division. Senaviev applied for a transfer to the Russian Navy but for classified reasons remained in the Russian Armed Forces. Senaviev was later transferred into the Spetsnaz shortly before the collapse of the Soviet Union. He would go on to marry and have kids, though the relationship later ended in divorce. Senaviev would later go on to join Rainbow sometime in 2015.
On November 13th 2016, Senaviev was declared clinically dead for two minutes following an operation on the field. During his recovery at Hereford Base, his mounted RP-46 Degtyaryov Machine Gun was modified by Mira to include a ballistic shield to prevent future injuries. In October 2020, he was issued an Shumikha Grenade Launcher in order to become more mobile. Unable to part with the RP-46, Senaviev modified it to be portable.
Calm in crises. Alex harbors a joyous, if acerbic outlook. He has a limited social filter, which has gotten him into trouble in the past.
Calm in a crisis: Specialist Alexsandr "Tachanka" Senaviev's original file doesn't cover much more than that. So along with our meeting, I wanted to dig deeper into field reports and observe him in training before I could reassess his background.
Senaviev has a boisterous sense of humor with a booming laugh. He can be quite blunt, but without the intent to offend. Personally, I appreciate someone with clarity. […] He's dedicated to his team and is focused and calm during operations. That said, I've also observed some frustration. There's a contingent of specialists who passionately support him, yet Senaviev feels he has potential that he doesn't know how to maximize. It's clear he wants to be a devastating force so I suggested changing his approach. If he studies his team, in particular, he should search for gaps in their strategy. it's there he may just find a place where he fits. […]
Senaviev's younger sister is a doctor and our discussion had barely started when he was showing me pictures of her in her doctor's smock, along with a dozen more photos of his nieces and nephews and his own kids. […] He and his sister grew up in a strict household without many things, which is why he makes a great effort to enjoy life. They both make sure that their kids are loved and raised with laughter. At the same time, he doesn't like to buy or accumulate physical objects and emphasizes this with his children, much to their consternation. I suspect that's also partly to do with his divorce. […]
Though Senaviev is dedicated to his country and appreciates the life his patriotism has brought him, he has adamant that his son and nephew not make a career out of the military. "They can do the obligation," he told me. "Then go be useful in something else." And so what Senaviev wants for his family and friends - for them to find a role where they feel useful - is what he's trying to find for himself. It's up to Rainbow, as a team, to guide him.
- - Dr. Harishva "Harry" Pandey, Director of Rainbow
In his reworked version, Tachanka is still a Heavy Armored Operator, but he is now able to be more mobile than before. His RP-46 Degtyaryov LMG can now be selected as a primary weapon, and still has the same destructive power as before. This allows Tachanka to quickly open up rotation holes in walls. The RP-46 can also destroy hatches in 5 or less effective shots.
His new Unique Gadget is the Shumikha Launcher. An antique grenade launcher, it launches incendiary grenades which explode 1 second after the first bounce, leaving behind a wall of fire that can damage Attackers and block off entranceways. The grenades can be bounced off any surface, allowing the player to perform tricky shots or strike targets without line of sight. Each grenade burns for 5 seconds each, Tachanka gets 10 of these with a maximum of 5 full rounds and then he must reload. The Shumikha Launcher grenades function similar to Capitão's Asphyxiating Bolts or Goyo's Volcán Shields, respectively the fire effect. There is a mild arc to each grenade's flight trajectory. In order to reach farther distances it will be necessary to aim further upwards.
- Tachanka works well with intel gathering Defenders such as Valkyrie and Echo. They can ping targets using their respetive cameras, allowing Tachanka to more accurately strike with his Shumikha grenades.
- Smoke and Goyo can help maximize effective area denial.
- When paired with Maestro and his LMG, they can provide large suppressive fire. The two of them anchoring an objective makes a powerful duo.
- Montagne is impervious to bullets coming from the front, and this includes Tachanka's LMG. though his Shumikha launcher can hit his shield and light the ground around Montagne, that paired with Montagne's slow speed makes the Shumikha launcher a good counter to Montagne. This also works with Blitz's Flash Shield, as it will force Blitz to fall back instead of rushing forward.
A Heavy Armored Operator, Tachanka comes equipped with the deployable mounted RP-46 Degtyaryov machine gun that can be used by both teammates and enemies alike. With a frontal shield to protect incoming fire at the user's head, it can be used to anchor a position and block off corridors or doorways with sustained fire.
- The Mounted LMG gives a potent level of protection. When deployed, it will cover its area of sight with surprising efficiency.
- The LMG has a rate of fire of 550 RPM, fully-automatic.
- The LMG holds 60+1 rounds and has 179 rounds in reserve. It deals a maximum of 66 damage per body shot. This means the LMG can take down all armor types in two shots, if within proper range.
- The LMG has above average environmental destruction capabilities, being able to penetrate through two surfaces with one shot and destroy portions of walls more than other guns.
- Once deployed, the LMG can be used by anyone.
- When unmanned, the LMG can be destroyed by gunfire.
- On the LMG is a frontal shield that protects the user of the Mounted LMG from gunfire that is aimed at their shoulders or above. The shield can take 500 damage before being destroyed.
- The mount has a turning limitation of a 60 degrees cone in all directions.
- Aiming down sights on the LMG shows a tighter firing reticle. The user's view is not occluded, but turning of the gun is slowed.
- Strategically, the immobile nature of the LMG means good positioning is required for both cover and effectiveness. Its relatively low recoil and clear line-of-sight even when aiming down sights provides excellent coverage on choke points.
- Tachanka and Mira work well together. Using Mira's Black Mirror on a Reinforced Wall and breaking down the one-way window can allow Tachanka to make use of the opening with great efficiency.
- It is possible for Attackers to hijack the LMG and use it against Defenders.
- Montagne is impervious to bullets coming from the front, and this includes Tachanka's Mounted LMG.
- Fuze can surprise whoever is mounted on the LMG, as dismounting may take enough time to make them incapable to escape Fuze's Cluster Charge.
- Capitão's Asphyxiating Bolts can be very effective to the stationary Defender on the Mounted LMG, burning them if they don't escape in time.
- "The Shumikha is capable of launching multiple incendiary projectiles that, like Tachanka, are equipped with very short fuses…"
Tachanka’s new gadget, the Shumikha Launcher, is perfect for area denial and for covering unfavorable angles. Its heavy incendiary grenades can bounce multiple times, and their fuse timer only starts after the first bounce, giving them a lot of versatility. The launcher is an easy-to-use gadget that you’ll need great practice to properly master. As an alternative to Smoke's Grenades, Tachanka’s Launcher can react faster to enemy push by covering more than one angle and benefitting from a high rate of fire.
Tachanka is equipped with 10 grenades at the beginning of a match and the Launcher can hold up to 5. For maximum effectiveness, use several grenades together to cover a wider area and prevent your opponents from avoiding them. Once launched, only one canister will be able to reload one at a time. The DP27 features a low rate of fire and can break rotation holes on soft walls. This places Tachanka into a critical position, as he can remodel defense points and create his own angles to launch his grenades.
- "Deploys a Mounted LMG with a ballistic shield protecting the head from frontal shots."
— RP-46 Degtyarov Machine Gun Description
A collector of antique weapons, Senaviev prefers to use original parts rather than modern variants from Somalia, Libya, and Syria, to maintain his RP-46. He utilizes the international collector's market for replacements or will mill his own components when parts cannot be located or are not cost-effective to acquire.
Following an incident that left Senaviev clinically dead for two minutes, his mounted RP-46 Degtyaryov Machine Gun was inspected. Having been decommissioned in the 1960s, the RP-46 Degtyaryov was one of the last machine guns manufactured by the Soviet Union. Aware of the Operator’s preference for such antique pieces, Six asked for the weapon to be upgraded to meet safety measures. The team of engineers led by Elena “Mira” Alvarez added a ballistic shield that protects the head from frontal shots. This shield can be destroyed separately from the rest of the turret. Mira was also tasked with adding a light customization on the Mounted LMG as a personal touch for Tachanka.
Device: Shumikha Grenade Launcher
Operator: Specialist Alexsandr "Tachanka" Senaviev
Evaluation Lead: Dr. Elena "Mira" Álvarez, Director of R&D
I was surprised when Tachanka – Specialist Alexandr Senaviev – brought in his - new toy in for inspection. Considering the fondness he had for the mounted LMG, despite the damage it had taken over the years, I figured he'd be buried with it. He won't tell me what he plans to do with it now, though I wouldn't be surprised if he displays it somewhere in his home.
One thing is for sure, taking the Shumikha on missions will lighten his load. After testing I can guarantee Tachanka can do just as much damage with the grenade launcher as he has done with any other weapon. I'm particularly interested in the "bounce" effect of the grenades. Much like Tachanka's sense of humour, they seem to land flat - but once the fuse burns down, the area goes up in flames. Since he's used to immediate deployment and damage output, Tachanka must adjust his timing to compensate. That said, I have no doubt he'll enjoy it.
- - Dr. Elena “Mira" Álvarez, Director of R&D
Device: Mounted LMG - RP-46 Degtyaryov Machine Gun
Operator: Specialist Alexsandr "Tachanka" Senaviev
Evaluation Lead: Dr. Elena "Mira" Alvarez, Director of R&D
Yesterday my day started with being handed a flight case that looked like it has been dropped ten thousand feet from a plane, and then dragged behind the delivery van before it reached us. Inside, the LMG has as many battle scars as the outside case. Even before checking with Tachanka - Specialist Alexsandr Senaviev - I knew that's how it looked when it was put inside.
Tachanka doesn't want anyone to "touch his toys" but he understands these evaluations are crucial for team operations. The LMG has had so many modifications to it already - mostly by Senaviev - that it's in a category of its own.
We are in the process of testing a number of prototype options. In the meantime, I've attached a list of possible adjustments we can make to this LMG, if I can get Tachanka to let us make changes.
- - Dr. Elena "Mira" Alvarez, Director of R&D
- Tachanka's in-game bio notes that many members of his family served in the Red Army.
- Tachanka has participated in at least four wars: Soviet-Afghan War, First Chechen War, Second Chechen War, and Russo-Georgian War.
- A Tachanka is a horse-drawn platform with a heavy machine gun in the back. It was used with great success by Russian forces in the Eastern Front in WWI and later by the various factions in the Russian Civil War.
- Tachanka wears a Maska-1SCh helmet, which was in use by the Russian MVD until being largely replaced by the aluminum ZSh-1-2, and then the ZSh-1-2m and ZSh-1-2mr, which features integrated comms. The K6-3, a Russian FSB titanium helmet, is available as an alternate headgear and has a Gear Craft SS-Leto patterned helmet cover.
- The helmet is available as a Ubisoft Club reward for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint.
- Tachanka wears a Gorka 4 in KZS pattern and Fort Defender 2 with an SSO/SPOSN Avizent Smersh over it and two DP-28 mag pouches.
- The ballistic shield on Tachanka's Mounted LMG had "Lord" (Russian: Лорд) on its side panels, a reference to the community meme "Lord Tachanka".
- According to the Red Crow Patch Notes, Tachanka was the Operator who proposed to ban the ACOG Scope from use with the SMG-11 during the International Advanced Firearm Conference.
- Tachanka is known to drink and flirt with fellow Spetsnaz operative and CBRN specialist Lera "Finka" Melnikova.
- Tachanka's date of birth was originally stated in-game to be 1967, however this has since been removed.
- Tachanka is set to appear in the mobile game, Arknights.
- Tachanka's original voice actor, Anatoly Zinoviev, was replaced following Tachanka's rework due to" unavoidable constraints" in scheduling.
- On the Test Server, Tachanka's rework initially featured a Withstand ability that allowed him to get back up once when downed, similar to Zofia. The ability was later removed during the release of the Operation Neon Dawn expansion on the Test Server.
- The Shumika Launcher is likely based off of the Kulakov grenade launcher, a prototype grenade launcher designed in the USSR during the second World War by Captain Kulakov. It was made from a cut-down Mosin-Nagant rifle with a large revolving foreend attached in front. It is apparently the first revolving grenade launcher in the world.
- It was not adopted due to having many issues and not meeting requirements, such as being excessively heavy for a handheld weapon (33lb; 15kg) and hard to handle.
- Tachanka's In-game BIO
- Tachanka's In-game BIO > BACKGROUND section
- Tachanka's In-game BIO > PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE section
- Finka's In-game BIO > PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE Section
- Tachanka's In-game BIO (Pre-Patch 3.1.2)