Alexsandr "Tachanka" Senaviev (Russian: Александр Сенавьев) is a Defending Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.
Alexsandr Senaviev was born on November 3, 1967 in Petersburg, Russia to a military family. At the age of eighteen, Senaviev was conscripted into military service just as the Soviet Union was ending its operations in Afghanistan. Upon the dissolution of his draft, Senaviev opted to enlist full time. He was part of the wrestling league, where his formidable frame and match strategy earned him accolades. Along with heavy artillery, Senaviev's training focused on defensive and breaching tactics, and while there he apprenticed as a precision tool and die machinist in the weapons division. Senaviev applied for a transfer to the Russian Navy but for classified reasons remained in the Armed Forces. Senaviev was later transferred into the Spetsnaz shortly before the collapse of the Soviet Union. He would go on to marry and have kids, though the relationship later ended in divorce.
Calm in crises. Alex harbors a joyous, if acerbic outlook. He has a limited social filter, which has gotten him into trouble in the past.
Calm in a crisis: Specialist Alexsandr "Tachanka" Senaviev's original file doesn't cover much more than that. So along with our meeting, I wanted to dig deeper into field reports and observe him in training before I could reassess his background.
Senaviev has a boisterous sense of humor with a booming laught. He can be quite blunt, but without the intent to offend. Personally, I appreciate someone with clarity. […] He's dedicated to his team and is focused and calm during operations. That said, I've also observed some frustration. There's a contingent of specialists who passionately support him, yet Senaviev feels he has potential that he doesn't know how to maximize. It's clear he wants to be a devastating force so I suggested changing his approach. If he studies his team, in particular, he should search for gaps in their strategy. it's there he may just find a place where he fits. […]
Senaviev's younger sister is a doctor and our discussion had barely started when he was showing me pictures of her in her doctor's smock, along with a dozen more photos of his nieces and nephews and his own kids. […] He and his sister grew up in a strict household without many things, which is why he makes a great effort to enjoy life. They both make sure that their kids are loved and raised with laughter. At the same time, he doesn't like to buy or accumulate physical objecsts and emphasizes this with his children, much to their consternation. I suspect that's also partly to do with his divorce. […]
Though Senaviev is dedicated to his country and appreciates the life his patriotism has brought him, he has adamant that his son and nephew not make a career out of the military. "They can do the obligation," he told me. "Then go be useful in something else." And so what Senaviev wants for his family and friends - for them to find a role where they feel useful - is what he's trying to find for himself. It's up to Rainbow, as a team, to guide him.
- - Dr. Harishva "Harry" Pandey, Director of Rainbow
A Heavy Armored Operator, Tachanka comes equipped with the deployable mounted RP-46 Degtyaryov machine gun that can be used by both teammates and enemies alike. With a frontal shield to protect incoming fire at the user's head, it can be used to anchor a position and block off corridors or doorways with sustained fire.
- The Mounted LMG gives a potent level of protection. When deployed, it will cover its area of sight with surprising efficiency.
- The LMG has a rate of fire of 550 RPM, fully-automatic.
- The LMG holds 60+1 rounds and has 179 rounds in reserve. It deals a maximum of 66 damage per shot.
- The LMG has above average environmental destruction capabilities, being able to penetrate through two surfaces with one shot and destroy portions of walls more than other guns.
- Once deployed, the LMG can be used by anyone.
- When unmanned, the LMG can be destroyed by gunfire.
- On the LMG is a frontal shield that protects the user of the Mounted LMG from gunfire that is aimed at their shoulders or above. The shield can take 500 damage before being destroyed.
- The mount has a turning limitation of a 60 degrees cone in all directions.
- Aiming down sights on the LMG shows a tighter firing reticle. The user's view is not occluded, but turning of the gun is slowed.
- Using a Deployable Shield will help users of the turret to be protected from body/leg shots from a given direction.
- Strategically, the immobile nature of the LMG means good positioning is required for both cover and effectiveness. Its relatively low recoil and clear line-of-sight even when aiming down sights provides excellent coverage on choke points.
- Tachanka and Mira work well together. Using Mira's Black Mirror on a Reinforced Wall and breaking down the one-way window can allow Tachanka to make use of the opening with great efficiency.
- It is possible for Attackers to hijack the LMG and use it against Defenders.
- Montagne is impervious to bullets coming from the front, and this includes Tachanka's Mounted LMG.
- Ash is capable of shooting her Breaching Rounds to destroy any Deployable Shield protecting the legs of the mounted Defender, or create an explosion in their vicinity.
- Fuze can surprise whoever is mounted on the LMG, as dismounting will take enough time out of their capability to escape Fuze's Cluster Charge.
- Capitão's Asphyxiating Bolts are very effective to the stationary Defender on the Mounted LMG, burning them if they don't escape in time.
- "Deploys a Mounted LMG with a ballistic shield protecting the head from frontal shots."
— RP-46 Degtyarov Machine Gun Description
Device: Mounted LMG - RP-46 Degtyaryov Machine Gun
Operator: Specialist Alexsandr "Tachanka" Senaviev
Evaluation Lead: Dr. Elena "Mira" Alvarez, Director of R&D
Yesterday my day started with being handed a flight case that looked like it has been dropped ten thousand feet from a plane, and then dragged behind the delivery van before it reached us. Inside, the LMG has as many battle scars as the outside case. Even before checking with Tachanka - Specialists Alexsandr Senaviev - I knew that's how it looked when it was put inside.
Tachanka doesn't want anyone to "touch his toys" but he understands these evaluations are crucial for team operations. The LMG has had so many modifications to it already - mostly by Senaviev - that it's in a category of its own.
We are in the process of testing a number of prototype options. In the meantime, I've attached a list of possible adjustments we can make to this LMG, if I can get Tachanka to let us make changes.
- - Dr. Elena "Mira" Alvarez, Director of R&D
- Tachanka's in-game bio notes that many members of his family served in the Red Army.
- Tachanka has participated in at least four wars: Soviet-Afghan War, First Chechen War, Second Chechen War, and Russo-Georgian War.
- A Tachanka (Russian: Тачанка) is a horse-drawn platform with a heavy machine gun in the back. It was used with great success by Russian forces in the Eastern Front in WWI and later by the various factions in the Russian Civil War.
- The RP-46 in real life is a metallic belt-fed variant of the Degtyaryov machine gun, while its in-game form is modified to resemble the original Degtyaryov machine gun, using a pan-shaped magazine, the original curved stock without a pistol grip, and no spring tube protruding from the rear of the receiver.
- The DP-28 in reality fires in an open bolt configuration, meaning that one in the chamber would be impossible, unlike the in-game counterpart, which holds one in the chamber. This error is shared with other guns with an open-bolt configuration.
- Tachanka wears a Maska-1SCh helmet, which was in use by the Russian MVD until being largely replaced by the aluminum ZSh-1-2, and then the ZSh-1-2m and ZSh-1-2mr, which features integrated comms. The K6-3, a Russian FSB titanium helmet, is available as an alternate headgear and has a Gear Craft SS-Leto patterned helmet cover.
- Tachanka wears a Gorka 4 in KZS pattern and Fort Defender 2 with an SSO/SPOSN Avizent Smersh over it and two DP-28 mag pouches.
- Tachanka's ballistic shield has "Lord" (Russian: Лорд) on its side panels, a reference to the community meme "Lord Tachanka".
- According to the Red Crow Patch Notes, Tachanka was the Operator who proposed to ban the ACOG Scope from use with the SMG-11 during the International Advanced Firearm Conference.
- Tachanka is known to drink and flirt with fellow Spetsnaz Operator and CBRN specialist Lera "Finka" Melnikova.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|