- "If you have a few spare hours, I'd love to share the details of how this device is a masterpiece of design. Quadruple independent gear boxes enabling zero to twenty in under four seconds, ten kilometers of internal wiring, eleven hundred expertly machined hand-assembled components, flawless control at over 300 meters... But all my team needs to know is, 'Does it do the job, or doesn't it?' And let me tell you right now - it does the job."
Emmanuelle Pichon, codenamed Twitch, is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.
Pichon grew up in a family of academics in the historic city of Nancy, France, where the children were encouraged to excel in Math, Science, and Technology. Early participation in sponsored computer programming competitions led to her joining the army cadets at sixteen. Almost immediately her talent was recognized, particularly in robotics. Her superiors quickly encouraged Pichon to study engineering while continuing her career in the military with the GIGN. From the start, Pichon's focus has been on adaptable technology that aids soldiers in the field. While there is much praise for her technological achievements, Pichon's tactical prowess and ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently make her a crucial operational asset.
In 2015, Pichon was led by Olivier "Lion" Flament on a mission to Nigeria to assist medical personnel fighting the Ebola epidemic. Tragedy ensued, and the decisions Flament made for safety reasons put him at odds with Pichon and Gustave "Doc" Kateb, who blamed him for the death of several medical personnel on-site including Kateb's colleague. Later that year, Pichon's unique combination of talents made her well-suited to join Rainbow.
In 2016, Pichon met Taina "Caveira" Pereira and had some kind of relationship with her, but to what extent remains currently unknown. While not deployed on missions, Pichon proved invaluable for Rainbow's R&D Department. She assisted in the improvement of the team's equipment and was noted to have helped Elena "Mira" Álvarez in the development of Morowa "Clash" Evans' CCE Shield in 2017. In early 2018, Pichon assisted Rainbow's new CBRN Threat Unit with a situation concerning a mysterious mist on the shores of Sussex. During the operation, Pichon provided Olivier Flament with a new aerial drone that allowed him to determine the source of the mist plume. In 2019, Pereira went AWOL in Bolivia in order to search for her brother. Pichon and Meghan "Valkyrie" Castellano subsequently collaborated with Ghost Recon to conduct Operation Archangel in order to recover Caveira which proved to be a success.
In June 2020, Pichon and Julien "Rook" Nizan were in Paris, France when two large fires emerged downtown. The GIGN deployed the pair and several other officers to keep order from the chaos caused by the fire. Having faced a similar situation during training under The Program, Pichon and Nizan suspected the fires had been started in order to distract from a major bank heist across the city. They tracked and confronted the robbers who started firing at them. Nizan was shot in the head but was saved by his helmet. Pichon and Nizan then pursued the robbers across Paris in a high-speed motorcycle chase and eventually caught them.
Technologically creative isn't a term I've heard before working with Rainbow. According to Specialist Emmanuelle "Twitch" Pichon's field reports, it's the most concise description for her. Of course, it doesn't encapsulate all of who she is. There's more depth and surprises to Pichon than anyone expects.
There is some academic rivalry between Pichon and her sister, a physicist, but nothing serious, she tells me. It's endemic of the perfection her family instilled in their children. Her father told her to strive to be incredible every day and that it will resonate out into the universe.
The Rainbow team speaks highly of her both operationally and in a social setting. Specialist Gustave "Doc" Kateb, in particular, appreciates her intuition and empathy, while others such as Specialist Olivier "Lion" Flament praise her technological know-how.
I wanted to know how Pichon interprets technological creativity. She said it's the way she sees things differently and yet remains aware that she's seeing things differently. So I suppose I would add "philosopher" to her myriad descriptors.
She's a very hands-on researcher. The manner in which she gets right up close to a robot, interacting with it the way someone would a child or pet, illustrates her innate compassion. Pichon is currently teaching AI empathy so that it can, in turn, teach it to humans. I'd love to delve into this further, and have plans to visit the lab.
Because Pichon's passion for technology as a way to improve quality of life drives her in research and in her military career, I wonder if she isn't at times being too idealistic. She's an excellent operator with many skills to offer besides the tech, and I want her to give more thought to where the human factor is crucial.
Her background and interest in AI means one of Pichon's favorite pastimes is people watching. Whether it's settling into a restaurant or taking a bus, she goes wherever there are crowds and studies behavior. Travel, too, excites her. The list of where she hasn't been is shorter than where she has.
A Medium Armored Operator, Twitch can deploy up to two Shock Drones. The Shock Drones are specialized that can shoot shock darts at a target. These drones can take out enemy gadgets from afar and shock enemies.
- Twitch deploys one of her Shock Drones during the Prep Phase, which can be picked up and re-deployed during the Action Phase. One more Shock Drone is given during the Action Phase. Twitch does not have access to normal Drones.
- The Shock Drones cannot jump, and make a distinct, low-humming noise different from that of normal drones.
- Like normal drones, Shock Drones have lights intalled in its front. When operated or viewed through by any Attacker, the lights will glow in yellow.
- Shock Drones can fire small electric shock darts that can destroy enemy electronic gadgets and deal small damage.
- Both Shock Drones start with 3 shock darts. Once a shock dart is used, they recharge one shock dart per 15 seconds.
- Each shock dart deals 1 damage, regardless of the target's armor rating.
- The shock dart's range is limited to 8 meters, which is enough to reach most ceiling cameras.
- Most electronic gadgets (e.g. CCTV Cameras, Signal Disruptors, Nitro Cells) will be destroyed in one hit by the Shock Drone's darts.
- The darts can destroy the gas canisters on Mira's Black Mirrors, thus opening the Black Mirror.
- The shock darts are incapable of disabling or interfering with Clash's CCE Shield.
- The shock darts can disable Bulletproof Cameras for 15 seconds by shooting the front plate of the camera. Shooting at its weak point will instead destroy it.
- Shock Drones can also temporarily disable some Operator gadgets:
- Pulse's Heartbeat Sensor if he is shot by a Shock Dart while using it.
- Vigil's Video Disruptor will turn off temporarily if he is hit by a dart.
- Maestro's Evil Eye will be temporarily disabled if they are hit by a dart, which will force their turrets open, allowing Twitch to destroy them with another dart.
- Melusi's Banshees will be disabled for a duration of 10 seconds. During this time, the Banshee will not emit noise or slow down targets.
- Aside from the shock darts and the changes to the drones' movement, the Shock Drones otherwise largely function identically to normal drones, and are susceptible to the same gadget interactions.
- Mozzie's Pests are able to hack Twitch's Shock Drones. Once hacked, the Shock Drone can only be operated by Mozzie, but its feed can be viewed by all Defenders. When operated by a Defender, the Shock Drone's lights will turn blue.
- Mute's Signal Disruptors can interfere with Twitch's Shock Drones and cause Twitch to lose control of them.
- As a Disabler capable of removing Bandit's or Kaid's electricity and Mute's Jammer effects, Twitch is able to assist Hard Breachers such as Thermite, Hibana, Ace or anyone who has access to the Hard Breach Charge.
- By destroying Mute's Signal Jammers, Twitch is able to
- Twitch works well with other Anti-Electronic Attackers, such as Thatcher and IQ when it comes to destroying them.
- Due to the Drones incapability to jump, laying Deployable Shields in the way of doors is a good way to limit the Drones' possible points of entry.
- Twitch's Drones are still susceptible to Mute's Jammers and Bandit's Shock Wires if they get into effective proximity of them.
- Like for other drones, Vigil can avoid coming into sight of the Shock Drone with his ERC-7.
- Unlike other trap-based Operators, Frost's Welcome Mat cannot be damaged, thus destroyed, by the Shock Drone.
- Mozzie's Pests can hack Twitch's Drones, thus giving him full control over the drone.
- "Uses two Shock Drones to disable traps or injure enemies. Deploys the first Shock Drone during the preparation phase."
— RSD Model 1 Shock Drone Description
The Shock Drone can scout locations and deliver an electric shock via probes that can incapacitate electrical devices and be used as a distraction toward hostiles. The chassis holds multiple shots.
Developed from Skell Technology, the first official deployment of the RSD Model 1 was during a hostage situation in Paris. A mentally unstable suspect barricaded himself in a convenience store along with several hostages. GIGN was deployed and sought to resolve the situation without violence. Pichon was on site and was able to maneuver the drone close enough to the suspect to deliver a slight shock, forcing the suspect to drop his weapon, where he was incapacitated by an undercover operative. The incident was resolved with zero fatalities.
Device: RSD Model 1 Shock Drone
Operator: Specialist Emmanuelle "Twitch" Pichon
Evaluation Lead: Specialist Elena "Mira" Alvarez
Let me start by saying how much I appreciate that both Dr. Harry (Six) Pandey and Elena (Mira) Maria Alvarez, Director of Research and Development, have implemented this evaluation and review of all equipment. I've attached a detailed schematic of the current RSD Model 1 (Shock Drone) device. Being able to run the current Shock Drone through controlled tests provided me with much needed additional data. With Elena's permission, I've scheduled further lab time to try some rough prototype ideas. I'd like permission to add my name to the schedule for the evaluation of Specialist Max Goose's device known as "Pest". Because it's such a powerful counter I'm interested in participating in the tests.
[Comment_E. Alvarez: I've looked at the schematic with your new modification ideas, and I'm thinking you should get IQ's (Specialist Monika Weiss) feedback on them. Also, re: Mozzie. There are some issues with the Australian's availability. If you want to fly there to observe the tests, we can discuss.
- - Dr. Elena "Mira" Alvarez, Director of R&D
- She is fluent in French, English, and German and her current research focus is AI.
- Twitch uses her wrist-mounted feed to view drone feeds instead of a PDA.
- Twitch's date of birth was originally stated in-game as 1988, however this has since been removed.
- According to her original Bio, Twitch had served in Chad and Libya prior to joining Rainbow, and was the youngest ever operative to be recruited by the GIGN at age 20.
- Twitch appears in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands as a character in the Operation Archangel crossover event.
- Twitch appears in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint as an available costume for purchase.
- Twitch's In-game BIO
- Twitch's In-game BIO > BACKGROUND section
- Twitch's In-game BIO > PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE section
- Twitch's In-game BIO (Pre-Patch 3.1.2)