- "If you have a few spare hours, I'd love to share the details of how this device is a masterpiece of design. Quadruple independent gear boxes enabling zero to twenty in under four seconds, ten kilometers of internal wiring, eleven hundred expertly machined hand-assembled components, flawless control at over 300 meters... But all my team needs to know is, 'Does it do the job, or doesn't it?' And let me tell you right now - it does the job."
Emmanuelle "Twitch" Pichon is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.
Pichon grew up in a family of academics in the historic city of Nancy, France, where the children were encouraged to excel in Math, Science, and Technology. Early participation in sponsored computer programming competitions led to her joining the army cadets at sixteen. Almost immediately her talent was recognized, particularly in robotics. Her superiors quickly encouraged Pichon to study engineering while continuing her career in the military. From the start, Pichon's focus has been on adaptable technology that aids soldiers in the field. While there is much praise for her technological achievements, Pichon's tactical prowess and ability to problem solve quickly an deficiently make her a crucial operational asset. Pichon's unique combination of talents made her well-suited for GIGN and, later, Rainbow in 2015.
Technologically creative isn't a term I've heard before working with Rainbow. According to Specialist Emmanuelle "Twitch" Pichon's field reports, it's the most concise description for her. Of course, it doesn't encapsulate all of who she is. There's more depth and surprises to Pichon than anyone expects.
There is some academic rivalry between Pichon and her sister, a physicist, but nothing serious, she tells me. It's endemic of the perfection her family instilled in their children. Her father told her to strive to be incredible every day and that it will resonate out into the universe. […] The Rainbow team speaks highly of her both operationally and in a social setting. Specialist Gustave "Doc" Kateb, in particular, appreciates her intuition and empathy, while others such as Specialist Olivier "Lion" Flament praise her technological know-how.
I wanted to know how Pichon interprets technological creativity. She said it's the way she sees things differently and yet remains aware that she's seeing things differently. So I suppose I would add "philosopher" to her myriad descriptors. […]
She's a very hands-on researcher. The manner in which she gets right up close to a robot, interacting with it the way someone would a child or pet, illustrates her innate compassion. Pichon is currently teaching AI empathy so that it can, in turn, teach it to humans. I'd love to delve into this further, and have plans to visit the lab. […]
Because Pichon's passion for technology as a way to improve quality of life drives her in research and in her military career, I wonder if she isn't at times being too idealistic. She's an excellent operator with many skills to offer besides the tech, and I want her to give more thought to where the human factor is crucial. [[…]
Her background and interest in AI means one of Pichon's favorite pastimes is people watching. Whether it's settling into a restaurant or taking a bus, she goes wherever there are crowds and studies behavior. Travel, too, excites her. The list of where she hasn't been is shorter than where she has.
A Medium Armored Operator, Twitch can deploy up to two Shock Drones. The Shock Drones are specialized that can shoot shock darts at a target. These drones can take out enemy gadgets from afar and shock enemies.
- Twitch has two Shock Drones in place of her normal Drones.
- They are deployed in the same manner, one spawned in during the Preparation Phase and the second one carried by Twitch on spawn.
- The Shock Drones lack the ability to jump. However, they are much quieter than regular Drones and smoother to control.
- Shock Drones can fire small electric shock darts that can easily destroy enemy electronic gadgets and deal small damage.
- Both Shock Drones have only 5 shock darts in reserve.
- Each shock dart deals 10 damage, regardless of the target's armor rating.
- The shock dart's range is limited to 7.5 meters, which is enough to reach most ceiling cameras.
- Most electronic gadgets (e.g. CCTV Cameras, Signal Disruptors, Nitro Cells) will be destroyed in one hit by the Shock Drone's darts.
- The darts are capable of destroying the gas canisters off of Mira's Black Mirrors, thus opening them up.
- Shock Drones can also temporarily disable Operator gadgets:
- Pulse's Heartbeat Sensor if he is shot by a Shock Dart while using it.
- Vigil's Video Disruptor will turn off temporarily if he is hit by a dart.
- Maestro's Evil Eye will be temporarily disabled if they are hit by a dart. Twitch can also destroy them by hitting their core while the Evil Eye is opened.
- Twitch works well with other Anti-Electronic Attackers, such as Thatcher and IQ when it comes to destroying them.
- Due to the Drones incapability to jump, laying Deployable Shields in the way of doors is a good way to limit the Drones' possible points of entry.
- Twitch's Drones are still susceptible to Mute's Jammers and Bandit's Shock Wires if they get into effective proximity of them.
- Like for other drones, Vigil can avoid coming into sight of the Shock Drone with his ERC-7.
- Unlike other trap-based Operators, Frost's Welcome Mat cannot be damaged, thus destroyed, by the Shock Drone.
- Mozzie's Pests can hack Twitch's Drones, thus giving him control of the drone's movements and the remaining Shock Darts.
Shock Drone x 2
- "Uses two Shock Drones to disable traps or injure enemies. Deploys the first Shock Drone during the preparation phase."
— RSD Model 1 Shock Drone Description
- "Let me start by saying how much I appreciate that both Dr. Harry (Six) Pandey and Elena (Mira) Miria Alvarez, Director of Research and Development, have implemented this evaluation and review of all equipment. I've attached a detailed schematic of the current RSD Model 1 (Shock Drone) device. Being able to run the current Shock Drone through controlled tests provided me with much needed additional data. With Elena's permission, I've scheduled further lab time to try some rough prototype ideas. I'd like permission to add my name to the schedule for the evaluation of Specialist Max Goose's device known as "Pest". Because it's such a powerful counter I'm interested in participating in the tests."
- "[Comment_E. Alvarez: I've looked at the schematic with your new modification ideas, and I'm thinking you should get IQ's (Specialist Monika Weiss) feedback on them. Also, re: Mozzie. There are some issues with the Australian's availability. If you want to fly there to observe the tests, we can discuss"
The Shock Drone can scout locations and deliver an electric shock via probes that can incapacitate electrical devices and be used as a distraction toward hostiles. The chassis holds multiple shots.
The first official deployment of the RSD Model 1 was during a hostage situation in Paris. A mentally unstable suspect barricaded himself in a convenience store along with several hostages. GIGN was deployed and sought to resolve the situation without violence. Pichon was on site and was able to maneuver the drone close enough to the suspect to deliver a slight shock, forcing the suspect to drop his weapon, where he was incapacitated by an undercover operative. The incident was resolved with zero fatalities.
- She is fluent in French, English, and German and her current research focus is AI.
- Twitch uses her wrist-mounted feed to view drone feeds instead of a PDA.
- Twitch plays a key role in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands: Operation Archangel, alongside Valkyrie and Caveira. In this Special Operation, Twitch is deployed to Bolivia to find Caveira and discover why the latter has gone AWOL. The Operation also implied that Twitch has some kind of a relationship with her, but to what extent is currently unknown.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found