The USP (German: Universelle Selbstladepistole; English: Universal Self-loading Pistol) is a family of semi-automatic pistols manufactured by Heckler & Koch since 1993 for use primarily in commercial and law enforcement markets. The USP eventually led to the design of the MK.23 that is currently in use by USSOCOM.
The USP was designed to be chambered for the .40 S&W cartridge, but can also be chambered for the 9×19mm Parabellum and .45 ACP cartridges. The weapon has several notable variants such as the USP Compact and USP Tactical.
The USP is categorized as a pistol in the Rainbow Six universe.
Heckler & Koch's .40 caliber USP is a favorite among those desiring a balance between size and firepower.
The HK .40 USP is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear. Functioning similar to its counterpart of the original game, the suppressed variant, known as the HK .40 USP-SD is also featured in the game.
Rainbow Six 3 (Console)
The USP is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 (Console).
The USP is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow.
- "A mainstay in Rainbow's arsenal, this pistol is the ultimate combat and self defense weapon. Normally the U40 uses the High Capacity Magazine or Suppressor attachments."
— In-game description
The U40 is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown.
In the PC version of the game, the U40 is used by the Revolutionary Brotherhood in the missions Parliament and University, by the United Fatherland Brigade in the missions Catacombs, Distillery and Hospital, and by the Marxist Radical Front in the missions Docks and Cruise Ship.
The USP40 is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas.
- "Small version of the MK23, uses .40 caliber."
— In-game Description
The USP40 is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (PSP).
The USP40 is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. Since Vegas 1 and 2 share the same engine and models, it appears in the same configuration as its Vegas 1 counterpart.
- ".40 caliber semi-automatic pistol that has a low recoil, best used in mid-range combat."
— In-game description
Sharing the same above-average damage model with the Mk1 9mm but is worse in terms of magazine capacity and reload speed, the USP40 is a decent, middle-of-the-road pistol option that gets the job done.
- In Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, the HK. 40 USP and the HK. 45 MARK23 share the same weapon model and HUD icon.
- In Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear, the suppressor on the HK .40 USP-SD is stated to be made by the Knight's Armament Corps.
- In Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow, the USP is equipped with Tritium Night Sights by default in-game.
- In Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown, the U40 is fitted with an unusable flashlight. The weapon is also modeled with a unique olive drab slide.
- The weapon depicted in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege is a USP Compact as opposed tobthe standard USP.