Unranked is a playlist available in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege that was introduced in the Operation Ember Rise expansion. The playlist is available for all players with a Clearance Level of 10 or above.
The purpose of the playlist is for players to practice and prepare themselves for the Ranked Playlist. It features all the rules, gameplay changes, and map rotation as the Ranked playlist but does not affect the player's rank, Ranked Kill/Death ratio, or MMR points. Additionally, any penalties incurred while in Unranked will also carry over to the Ranked Playlist and vice versa.
- Does not affect ranking in Ranked
- The system is based on the principle "best team of 5 rounds":
- A minimum of 4 rounds must be won by a team to be eligible to win a match.
- After winning 4 rounds, the team must have 2 points of advantage, unless there's a tie and the next round will be the fifth or subsequent win for either of the teams.
- A maximum of 9 rounds can be played per match.
- Yields double the amount of Renown for winning a match in Quick Match
- Abandoning your team before the end of a match will temporarily render you unable to play Unranked and Ranked for 30 minutes; The length of the penalty will increase after repeated offenses
- Each round is 3 minutes long
- Features the same map rotation as Ranked
- Bomb sites are voted upon by Defending players
- Teams will swap Attacker and Defender roles at the fourth round and after every overtime round
- The Map Ban phase allows players to choose between 3 random maps in the rotation and vote which ones to ban
- This mode features a Pick and Ban phase, allowing both teams to choose and ban an Attacker and Defender
Maps will be rotated in and out with the conclusion of each season. This is a list of maps currently available as of Operation Crimson Heist.
- Club House
- Kafe Dostoyevsky
- Theme Park