Unranked is a playlist available in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege that was introduced in the Operation Ember Rise expansion. The playlist is available for all players with a Clearance Level of 10 or above.
The purpose of the playlist is for players to practice and prepare themselves for the Ranked Playlist. It features all the rules, gameplay changes, and map rotation as the Ranked playlist but does not affect the player's rank or MMR. Additionally, any penalties incurred while in Unranked will also carry over to the Ranked Playlist and vice versa.
- Players are ranked based on their team's performance.
- The system is based on the principle "best team of 5 rounds":
- A minimum of 4 rounds must be won by a team to be eligible to win a match.
- After winning 4 rounds, the team must have 2 points of advantage, unless there's a tie and the next round will be the fifth or subsequent win for either of the teams.
- Under normal circumstances, a maximum of 9 rounds can be played per match.
- However, draws can extend the game indefinitely.
- Yields double the amount of Renown for winning a match in Quick Match.
- Abandoning your team before the end of a match will temporarily render you unable to play Ranked for 30 minutes.
- Round timer is 3 minutes instead of 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
- The playlist features a different map rotation than other playlists.
- The Map Ban phase allows players to choose between 3 random maps in the rotation and vote which ones to ban.
- This mode features a Pick and Ban phase, allowing both teams to choose and ban an Attacker and Defender.
Unranked shares the same map rotated as Ranked. Maps will be rotated in and out with the conclusion of each season. This is a list of maps currently available as of Operation Shadow Legacy.
- Kafe Dostoyevsky
- Theme Park