An Olympic hopeful in the 200-meter breaststroke, Castellano split her time between the pool and the army base, where her father was a training officer. Her junior year, Castellano broke her arm in a car accident, putting an end to her Olympic ambitions. After high school, she enlisted in the Navy and served four years before attending college on the Veterans Affairs bill. Upon graduation, she returned to the Navy as a career intelligence officer. She would later join Rainbow in 2016.
Castellano is singularly focused. She is driven and does not know how to give up on the goal easily. She will do whatever it takes to accomplish the mission in the most seamless and effective way possible.
A Medium Armored Operator, Valkyrie's unique gadgets are three Mk2 "Black Eye" Gyro Cams, portable sticky cameras that can attach on almost any surface for increased surveillance.
- Valkyrie's Black Eyes can surveil an area when thrown at solid surfaces, which can then be viewed by the rest of the team. They are retrievable after being thrown, provided they are within reach.
- Unlike normal security cameras, Black Eye cameras are gyroscopic, making them capable of rotating close to 360 degrees and can look around faster than normal cameras. They also have a wider field of view.
- The Black Eye cameras also transmit a full-color feed, albeit with a slightly blue tint, instead of the monochrome feeds of the standard CCTV, making subtle but sometimes important details easier to spot.
- Black Eyes are identified as a blue dot on the camera selection HUD, in contrast to the grey ones for the normal security cameras.
- Black Eyes use a throwing profile similar to normal grenades, though they can't be thrown as far.
- Valkyrie works well with more aggressive Defenders, such as Caveira and Pulse. Given their abilities, having additional camera feeds around the map can help cover their backs whilst giving them more awareness around areas the Black Eyes can surveil where the standard CCTVs cannot.
- As an electronic gadget, Valkyrie's Black Eyes are vulnerable to the same disadvantages held by other gadgets of its type.
- Thatcher's EMP Grenades will make quick work of the Black Eyes if they are within their area of effect.
- Twitch is an even bigger detriment if she uses her Shock Drone, because unlike Thatcher, Twitch's precision-based gadget allows her more versatility when it comes to dealing with this type of gadget in particular.
- IQ's Electronics Scanner can spot any Black Eye that comes within its range.
- Due to her ability to gain access to the Defender's CCTV once she gets a hold of a deceased Defender's phone, Dokkaebi will also turn Valkyrie's Black Eyes against the Defenders.
Black Eye x 3
- "Can set up "Black Eye" cameras, fee accessible by whole team via observation tools."
— Gyro Cam Mk2 Description
The Gyro Cam Mk2 "Black Eye" is a quick deployment sticky camera that can stick to any surface. Once deployed, the entire defending team can view them in the same manner as normal cameras. These cameras have a wider field of view, capable of rotating 360 degrees when placed on the ground, and can look around faster than normal cameras. The image is in color with a blue tint. As with normal cameras, they may also be destroyed by the enemy team.
- Her name was first revealed with the announcement of the Operation Dust Line expansion on April 22, 2016.
- Her position as a US Navy SEAL contrasts the real-life Navy SEALs, which is currently only made up of male personnel. However, official materials acknowledged this fact by claiming she "was chosen to be one of the first women admitted to SEALs training."
- Valkyrie's military apparel consists of multiple Crye Precision equipments, specifically the AC combat pants in Multicam, and a Jumpable Plate Carrier (JPC).
- Valkyrie may be left-hand dominant due to where her magazine pouches are located. Mag pouches are usually located on their wearer's weak side, and because her guns aren't meant to be wielded left-handed, she's likely ambidextrous out of necessity.
- There was a slight continuity error between the in-game art and her in-game model (not including her general facial dislikeness); her in-game art depicts her as O+ blood type, but her in-game model, both her JPC and her knee pad have written that she is B+ blood type. This has since been fixed.
- Valkyrie once collaborated with GROM Operator Elżbieta Bosak in Operation Orange Sky in 2007. Acting as her source of intel, Ela spent months infiltrating a warlord’s inner circle before dismantling his network without harming a single civilian.
- Valkyrie is one of the three operators that make an appearance Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands: Operation Archangel.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|