The original article was at KRISS Vector. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the CreativeCommons BY-SA 3.0 License.
- ".45 submachine gun with unique proprietary recoil & muzzle climb mitigation system. Features a single, two-round burst, or full-Automatic fire selection."
— In-game description
The Vector .45 ACP is a submachine gun featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. It was introduced in the Operation Velvet Shell expansion pack and is available for use by the GEO Operator Mira and the FES Operator Goyo.
The Vector SMG is a selective-fire submachine gun developed by KRISS USA, formerly Transformational Defense Industries (TDI). It's the only weapon to feature full-automatic fire mode in the KRISS Vector series. The Vector is popular for its unique delayed blowback operation which allows using weapon's high rate of fire with the minimum recoil.
In-game, the Vector .45 ACP has the highest rate of fire of any submachine gun in the game. The recoil is manageable at close range, but gets a lot more challenging as range increases. Its drawback comes in the form of its magazine size and damage drop off.
As the Vector burns through ammo due to its high rate of fire, it might be a good idea to fire in shorter sprays to conserve ammo and be more accurate at longer ranges. Equipping a Vertical Grip will decrease recoil even further. While the Vector is very good for close quarters, it's still possible to empty the magazine with no kill confirmation. Equipping an ITA12S as secondary weapon will aid in those "close" situations.
- High rate of fire
- If controlled, high damage output
- Low magazine size
- Low single shot damage
- Bouncy recoil
- In-game, the Vector is fitted with a Magpul UBR stock (via an M4 stock adaptor) in place of its original stock, and uses Original Magpul 9mm tabs for its magazines.
- The Vector .45 ACP features the magwell and trigger of Gen I models, along with an opening above the barrel similar to them (for an optional SureFire weaponlight). However, the pistol grip is based off of a Vector Gen II, and the safety is akin to the Gen II as well.
- With the Extended Barrel equipped, it's based on the Vector CRB Square Shroud.